Travel Plus is the ideal policy for individuals, couples and families. It provides wide-ranging cover giving you peace of mind and protection both before and during your holiday/trip.
You can choose from 3 levels of cover – Essential, Premier, and Premier Plus.
Click here for details of which features apply to each level of cover.
Why choose Travel Plus?
Travel Plus provides cover if you or a member of your party travelling with you have to cancel due to having been taken ill with Coronavirus.
Cancellation cover, emergency medical treatment, and related expenses (including Event D under Section 15 – Cruise Cover) are included under new policies issued. You or a member of your party insured under the same policy are covered if taken ill with Coronavirus.
- You must have received the recommended number of doses of an approved Coronavirus vaccine 14 days prior to your trip commencing. This vaccination requirement shall not apply where you were ineligible for vaccination, or unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons, and this is shown in your medical records.
- There is no cover if the insured travels against government or other regulatory authority advice i.e. the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- This does not extend to being placed into quarantine or self-isolating. Read all the details by visiting our FAQs page.
Read a summary of the cover we can provide, specifically in relation to Coronavirus – Travel Plus Coronavirus Fact Sheet
For those looking for the highest levels of protection, Premier Plus offers high net worth cover including £10,000 for cancellation, £3,000 for baggage, and £10M for emergency medical expenses.
From the insured adults on a Premier or Premier Plus policy if they are under the age of 18 years and have the permission of their parent and/or guardian and are accompanied by a responsible adult e.g. on a school trip.
Note: we cannot cover unaccompanied children.
Provides cover up to £2,500 with Premier and Premier Plus cover in the event your holiday or trip has to be cancelled due to the financial failure of your travel or accommodation provider and you are unable to recover your pre-booked travel and accommodation costs elsewhere.
(available as an option with Single Trip Premier and Premier Plus at an additional premium) – for those who enjoy skiing and snowboarding, you are covered for winter sports activities.
(included with Premier & Premier Plus) – provides cover up to £1,000 (Premier) or £1,500 (Premier Plus) for theft, accidental damage, loss, breakdown and unauthorised call/data use for your gadgets including handheld consumer electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, iPads, kindles, satnavs, cameras, lenses, camcorders, smartwatches, smart glasses, head-mounted displays, handheld games consoles, portable DVD players, headphones, wireless speakers, MP3 players, iPods and laptop computers (laptops are not covered for accidental loss and there is no cover provided under this section for drones), purchased as new in the UK or, in the case of refurbished items sold with a minium of 12 month warranty which should be evidenced on the evidence of ownership. Any device that was purchased as second hand or used, that is not a refurbished device that was sold with a minimum 12 month warranty; that is no more than 48 months old at the start date of your trip and 18 months old if your gadget is a laptop.
(automatically included with Premier and Premier Plus) – cover for cancellation or additional expenses due to disruption caused by a natural disaster such as flood or hurricane.
(automatically included on Annual Multi-trip Premier and Premier Plus; additional premium required for Single Trip Premier and Premier Plus) – provides additional cover for missed embarkation following a delay in travel, cancellation of a scheduled port visit following a change in cruise itinerary due to adverse weather or a change in timetable, cabin confinement following your illness, the hire or purchase of formal cruise attire should your baggage be delayed over 8 hours, additional emergency medical assistance and expenses including ship to shore repatriation where medically necessary, and unused shore excursions due to being confined to bed.
(available as an option with Premier and Premier Plus at an additional premium) – provides cover whilst travelling for your business or occupation. Includes hire or purchase of business equipment should yours be lost, stolen, or delayed, and replacement staff cover in the event of your illness.
– cover for emergency boarding expenses for your cat or dog up to £500 if your return home is delayed because of your illness or injury.
– experienced multi-lingual coordinators and medical specialists are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They will guarantee your medical costs where required, liaise with the treating doctor, and arrange repatriation if medically necessary.
Do you have an existing Medical Condition(s)?
An online medical screening service is available for travellers who have an existing medical condition. In some cases an additional premium may be required. Alternatively, please call us on 02392 419 044. We are open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, closed Bank Holidays.
Are you participating in any Activities?
Over 100 activities are automatically covered under Travel Plus with Activity Pack 1. Additional activities (Activity Packs 2 – 4) may be covered on payment of an additional premium. Click Here for further details.
* Annual Multi-trip Premier Plus provides Winter Sports cover for up to a maximum of 45 days during the policy period. Annual Multi-trip Premier provides Winter Sports cover up to a maximum of 21 days during the policy period.